Teacher Poll

Sunday, March 21, 2010

chapter four

Chapter four
Posted on 3/10/10

A number of classroom strategies are discussed in this chapter to help students get into the correct frame of mind to read difficult text. I used the text frame with gaps to help my students get a better understanding of the play The Crucible. As a result students were able to tell what was happening and give predictions of what may happen. To help understand all the characters they created baseball cards for each character and used information from their reading to describe the characters. Students were able to pick from five different individual projects to present after reading the story. As a class they came up with suggestions for projects based on their own interest from the story. I plan on showing the movie to them as well. This book has given me some really good suggestions for my English classes. The next activities I may try are the color coding and trouble slips.

cut/paste from my blog site 10/21

No comments:

Post a Comment