Teacher Poll

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chapter Three Comments

Chapter three of Deeper Reading suggested ways teachers can incorporate new strategies for a more effective lesson plan, to help students with the reading of challenging works. During a daily bell activity students had to write a journal response to a question realted to the story The Crucible. After all the students finished six were picked to share their thoughts. I used this period to answer quesions they had before we began to read as a class. I continued to use daily focus questions to revisit our last reading. I found this to be very helpful with my specail education students that have a defict in comprehension. The oral summaries and daily focus questions also helped my students gain a better understanding of the story and characters. Copied /pasted Sunday 3/21 created 3/10/10
3/10/10 by Rosetta Darby

No comments:

Post a Comment