Teacher Poll

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Positive and Negative Chart

I think this is one of those obvious things I can do in the classroom, but I guess I didn't see it until I read it in the chapters.

I tried it with the Puritan Era as well as the Revolution Era Unit with some success. I used a time line the positive effects of the Puritans coming over to America as well as the negatives. I also used it the same with the revolution in America and moving away from England.

I think the reason I was not as successful with this as other methods is that they often do this with history and were a bit more concerend with time and dates other than just cause and effects. I have to say I was a little bit shaky in this area as well and a bit uncomfortable with it, but aren't we all if we try something new for the first time.

I am going to try it again with the Civil War Period. Can someone suggest some advice if they have tried this method in their area or classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment