Teacher Poll

Sunday, March 21, 2010

chapter two copy /pasted from my blog 3/21/10

Chapter Two Deeper Reading

As a new teacher I would assign the required reading to my students assuming they could read and understand certain words. We would discuss the reading a few days later and I would give them questions to answer to make sure they were comprehending the story(novel). After reading this chapter I found a few different ways to help my students get the deeper meaning of a story. I like the suggestions of first draft readings and metaphors to help students who have trouble with comprehension. I have always used examples to help students understand a new reading. I'm still learning new ways to improve my teaching skills and have enjoyed this book and working with my co teachers. 3/10/10 by Rosetta Darby Thanks for your help Mrs. Rocker I hope this works!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry so late Mrs. Rocker and I had to go into the blog that was created for me to get all my postings. I'm at home NOW trying to copy and past all my postings. Have a great day. I really liked the book.

    Darby

    ReplyDelete